This is me Maureen

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Football week 3

It appears to me that almost every team in the NFL has digressed this week. The Patriots got another win but almost let the Bills beat them. The Steelers are still undefeated. Please say they won't win the super bowl. The Bears are also undefeated but I will get back to that sad fact later. The Minnesota Vikings won their first game of the season. Unfortunatley for them the win came at the hands of the Lions, who have not won a game in how long. Favre looked better but most of the time he looked horrible. The thing I really want to know is why the sudden increase in fighting. There was nearly a brawl in the Vikings/Lions game. Everytime I watch the Titans played someone is almost getting into it with one of their players. I appreciate the passion boys I really do but let's also use our heads. This drama looks bad for everyone involved and does not set a good example of sportsmanship. The best runner this week to me was Chris Johnson. The best individual run effort goes to Adrian Peterson. The best QB this week I feel was Chad Henne. This guy never gives up and very rarley puts his defense in a bad position. Randy Moss was my best reciever. The best defensive effort goes to Julius Peppers. He factored into so many plays and penalties against Green Bay. The Bear and Packer game. Oh so many things to talk about. Both QB's were the leading rushers on their respective teams. The Bears defense could never really stop the Packers unfortunately the Packers did that themselves with stupid penalties and missed opportunites. The Bears could not do anything on offense. If I am a Bear or a fan I have to send a big thank you out to Mike McCarthy. The man apparently does not learn from his mistakes. Mistake #1 kicking to Hester at the end of the first half. Hester's return set up a Bears TD. Mistake #2 punting to Hester this time he returns it for a TD. Special teams has been a problem for the Packers. So why oh why would you give one of if not the best return men in the game a chance to burn you. I don't care if you have to kick it out-of-bounds, kick it short or deep, hell even an onside kick makes more sense than allowing Heaster to touch the ball. I understand that Heaster has not had any big returns of late but you also have to consider most do not kick to him so he can not have a big return. Rodgers played an amazing game and to have lost it the way the Packers did has to hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment