This is me Maureen

Sunday, September 12, 2010

week 1 NFL reveiw

So let's just say week 1 in the NFL was a major disappoinment.  There was very little offense in the games I wateched. A ton of stupid stupid pentalties. Did I mention stupid. A ton of turnovers. Very little scoring off of said turnovers. Missed feild goals, botched calls by the officials, and in all very little effort and heart showed by most players. Brett Favre looked old and to me that is a big disappointment. Most teams looked worse than the local high school team. This says a lot considering our school is only decent about every 10 years; rarely 2 good years in a row as is the case this year. Keep in mind these are a bunch of KIDS who play for the love of the game. I guess once you receive a check for playing and become a pro it means you no long have a passion for the game. You also do not have to show up to play. God forbid you get a hang nail Lord knows that would mean the end of your season. Football players used to be some of the toughest men in the world. I would like somebody to explain to me why this had to change. I believe the biggest shock in week 1 was the Houston Texans not only beating but mainly owning the Indianapols Colts. The NFL needs to look into their ruling of a complete pass for a touchdown as well. This blown call cost the Loins their first win in forever. To me when a receiver jumps up catchs and controls the ball coming down. He places both feet in bounds falls to the ground again touching both feet, thigh, and a hand in bounds. Rolls over places hand with ball in it on the ground losing said ball. That is a touchdown. He rolled over to get up. This is a SECONDARY move. If this stupid rule stays around there will be so many points taken off the board for no reason. This blown play/stupid rule gave the NFL a major black eye. A mark the league does not need right now considering it is looking as though there will be no season next year due to a players strike. I understand that this is only week 1 but I for one was looking for more out of so called professionals. My picks for best QB was Tom Brady (which pains me since I do not like him even a little). Best running back Chris Johnson.
Defensive effort to Clay Matthews. I am not going to pick for the best receiver since I do not feel one player deserves that title this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment