This is me Maureen

Monday, September 6, 2010

How I pick my sports teams

I pick my sports teams based on a certain player. With hockey it was Steve Yzerman in Detriot. He has since retired and now is the general manager of hockey for the Tampa Bay Lighting. My love of the wings continues though. My current favorite player is Henrik Zetterberg. My love of the Green Bay Packers actually started because of my dad being from Wisconsin but let me tell you Brett Favre cemented my love of the Packers. When Brett retired the first time I was hurt by the front office handling of the situation. I still love the Packers but I also cheer for Favre. I am torn when the Vikings play the Packers. I am happy with whatever the outcome. As for baseball I have swithced teams more than once. I was originally a Braves fan because of Chipper Jones. I lost interest in baseball which continues til this day. Two years ago when my grandmother was dying I got back into baseball for her and started liking the Brewers. Our favorite player was J.J. Hardy. Well the Brewers demoted him and grandma passed away. I watched the world series that year and I grew to like the Phillies because of Chase Utley. I picked Chase partly because of his name if I ever am blessed to have a little boy I would like to name him Chase. I also picked Chase because of his love and support of animals mainly dogs. Chase and his wife Jen have a charity called Utley's all-star animals. Since I am a huge lover of animals and have 3 dogs of my own it made since to fall in love Chase as a person as well as a player. I do not follow basketball at all anymore. The NBA has changed too much since the Bulls run in the 90s.  I feel that NBA players are cocky, oveerrated babies who are more violent than hockey and football players put together. In 2000 when my brother converted me to a NASCAR fan I picked his driver Jeff Gordon for awhile but with more knowledge of the sport I decided that I really liked Dale Earnhardt Jr. He was close to my age and I could relate to stuff he was going through. He seemed real and approachable. He has an amazing amount of talent and charisma. I do not care if he wins another race much less a championship to me he will always be the best driver/person in NASCAR. I still like Jeff Gordon to this day I know many do not understand how you can like both Gordon and Earnhardt but I do. Besides if the two of them are friends why can't their fans like them both.

Maureen

No comments:

Post a Comment